Julie Chrisley certainly never lets her kids go without a delicious, sweet treat or an indulgent meal. She has a whole bunch of unique recipes …
The reality TV star, who often allows cameras to enter her home to film The USA Network shows Chrisley knows better, has a lot of delicious talent up his sleeve.
From moist chocolate cake to her own banana pudding recipe, Julie won’t let Chase, Savannah, Grayson and Chloe go without a delicious dessert.
We scavenged to get our hands on his recipes, and trust us, you won’t be able to resist it. Ingredients and step-by-step guides below.
- PROFILE: Who is Chloe from Chrisley Knows Best?
How to make Julie’s chocolate cake
Julie’s chocolate cake is absolutely die for, and if you’re a candy lover, this will be right up your street.
The instructions are simple, but it can take you around an hour and a half, depending on your background as a baker.
Julie Chrisley’s Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
For the cake:
- 2 cups self-rising flour, sifted
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 ounces of butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the icing:
- 4 ounces of unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons of whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 16 ounces of powdered sugar, sifted
How to make Julie’s chocolate cake:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease a 9 “x13” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Whisk.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, oil and water. Cook over medium-high heat until the margarine is melted.
- Stir in the cocoa powder.
- Bring to a boil. Remove from fire.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Add the eggs and stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake. Do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing. In a saucepan, combine the milk and butter. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the butter is melted.
- Transfer to a bowl. Sift the sugar and cocoa powder. Add the vanilla and stir until smooth.
- When the cake is done, use a wooden spoon with a round handle to punch holes in the cake.
- Pour the frosting evenly over the cake.
- Cool before serving.
Julie’s drool-worthy banana pudding
Okay, here’s the real stuff. We can reveal to you exactly how you can make Julie Chrisley’s Banana Pudding Recipe. And it is quite easy.
Ingredients for Julie’s banana pudding:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 box of 11oz vanilla wafers
- 6-8 ripe bananas, sliced
Prepare Julie Chrisley’s Banana Pudding Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of the sugar, flour and salt. Mix well.
- Add the egg yolks and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and cook, whisking constantly, for five minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a 4 quart casserole dish, layer the vanilla wafer and bananas.
- Cover with pastry cream.
- Repeat to create another layer of wafer, bananas and custard.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites on medium speed until frothy.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and continue beating until stiff and shiny.
- Spread the meringue on the pastry cream in a decorative way.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the meringue is golden brown.
- Serve hot !
- TO EXPLORE: Find out if Insiders on Netflix is real or fake
A Chrisley Knows Best Thanksgiving
Julie’s Thanksgiving dinner looked sensational, with an entire table filled to the brim with delicious turkey and side dishes.
She explained how to prepare her sweet potato casserole and broccoli salad, which will mostly require basic cooking items.
Tip: Make it the night before Thanksgiving or before a special occasion, as the broccoli salad will need to sit in the fridge overnight before serving.
Ingredients for Julie’s spicy southern turkey (for eight people):
- 1 (10 to 15 pounds) fresh (or fully thawed) turkey
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened, divided
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning, divided
- 1 large white onion, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
Julie’s spicy southern turkey: instructions for use
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey, transfer it to a roasting pan with a grill, and let stand at room temperature for an hour.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 1/2 sticks of butter, lemon zest, thyme, rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning until well combined.
- Pat the skin of the turkey with paper towels to remove any moisture.
- Use your fingers to carefully separate the skin from the turkey and rub 1/3 of the butter mixture under the skin, being careful not to tear it.
- Rub the rest of the mixture evenly over the outside of the turkey.
- Rub the remaining two teaspoons of poultry seasoning into the cavity of the turkey.
- Place the remaining 1/2 stick of butter, onion and garlic in the bird cavity, then tie the legs with kitchen twine.
- Roast, basting occasionally, until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, cooking for about 15 minutes per pound.
- Let stand, uncovered, 45 minutes before serving.
For the broccoli salad you will need:
- 1 head of broccoli salad, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 8 slices of bacon, crispy, cooled and crumbled
- 1 cup aged cheddar cheese, grated
Before preparing the broccoli salad, prepare the dressing. To do this, mix 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
To make the broccoli salad, here is your step-by-step guide:
- In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, bacon and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli and toss well.
- Let the salad sit overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Ingredients for the sweet potato casserole:
- 5 cups of mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Julie’s sweet potato casserole recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 1 3/4 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato, brown sugar, milk, butter, egg, salt, cinnamon and orange zest. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared gratin dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle top with marshmallows and pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the marshmallows are lightly toasted, about 5 to 10 minutes.
WATCH CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST ON USA NETWORK THURSDAYS AT 9 P.M.
AND BECOME FREAKY WITH US ON INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK
Do you have something to tell us about this article?