(good things utah) Check out this flourless chocolate cake with vanilla bean ice cream and tangerine infused olive oil, so good and adding winter citrus to boost your vitamin C!
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar (for a sugar-free version, use 2/3 cup Allulose sugar)
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 cup almond flour or almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Granulated sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- Tangerine or clementine infused olive oil*
- Flaked sea salt (Maldon’s)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9-inch round or 8×8 square pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, combine the olive oil, eggs and coconut sugar and beat for about 3 minutes until the mixture thickens a bit and thins out.
- In a glass bowl, add boiling water to the cocoa powder and stir until smooth. Add vanilla and espresso powder and stir until incorporated.
- In a second bowl, combine the almond and arrowroot flours, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the cocoa mixture and mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and scrape the sides and bottom to make sure everything is incorporated. Let the dough rest for about 5 minutes.
- Stir the mixture and pour the batter into your parchment-lined pan and place in the oven for about 40-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan by carefully lifting the sides of the parchment (a large spatula works well for this and also running a knife around the outer edge). Remove the parchment paper and slide it onto a serving platter…or just cut a piece straight out of the pan.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and enjoy!
To add some extra flavor to the cake, add a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and drizzle with tangerine or clementine infused olive oil, then sprinkle a pinch of flaked sea salt on top .