Have you ever had the sudden urge for a divine chocolate cake? Well, Chef Ruhee Bhimani can walk you through an easy to follow step by step recipe for making that perfect chocolate cake. Starting with basic chocolate sponge cake, this cake is completed with a drizzle of rich chocolate ganache and buttercream frosting. The best part? It’s egg-free and all the ingredients are probably already there in your pantry.
For the sponge cake
150 g of water
2 teaspoons of vinegar
150 g icing sugar, sifted
90 g oil
160 g of flour
40 g of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the dark chocolate ganache
100 g of pure dark chocolate
50 g of fresh cream
For the buttercream frosting
250 g chilled butter
200 g icing sugar
30 g of cocoa powder
50 g dark chocolate ganache
- Pour the vinegar and water into a bowl and whisk well.
- Now add your sifted icing sugar. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- It’s time to pour your oil.
- In a separate bowl, sift your all-purpose or maida flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Give it a mixture.
- Now mix your dry ingredients with liquid ingredients.
- Using a whisk, mix the dough well.
- Line two six-inch round boxes. Pour an equal amount of batter into both molds. Bake for 20 – 25 min at 160° C.
- Once done, place your cake on a cooling rack for 25-30 minutes.
- Let’s move on to our chocolate ganache. Stir in melted chocolate and crème fraîche together until blended. Once well mixed, your ganache is ready.
- Now for the buttercream frosting add sifted icing sugar to room temperature butter.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the two together until you get a creamy consistency. Start slowly and gradually increase the speed for the best results.
- Once you get a light and chewy consistency, it’s time to add your cocoa powder and ganache. Keep some ganache to decorate the cake.
- Once you start to see steep peaks, your buttercream frosting is ready.
- Now is the time to assemble the cake. Place your first sponge cake and apply a generous layer of icing. Spread the icing evenly with a knife.
- Place your second sponge cake and cover it all with the buttercream frosting.
- Make the same coat using a knife.
- Pour your chocolate ganache over the cake. Let it drip from the corners. You can use the remaining buttercream to decorate the cake.
Your delicious gourmet chocolate cake is now ready. Take a big slice of, sit back and enjoy it, you deserve it.
Also Read: Quick And Easy Ice Cream Recipes To Try At Home