The pioneer woman is a cooking show you can always count on for easy recipes. In the Food Network series, Ree Drummond offers delicious and comforting recipes that any home chef can prepare. Drummond’s top secret chocolate cake recipe is by far one of his easiest desserts – and that’s because it’s a no-fuss cake mix hack.
Ree Drummond simplifies cooking
At The pioneer woman, Drummond proves that cooking doesn’t have to be difficult and intimidating. Knowing that most people cook on a limited schedule and budget, she creates quick, inexpensive dishes that don’t require fancy gourmet ingredients.
Drummond’s relatable style resonates with audiences, which is why she is now one of the most popular celebrity conductors around. She has written numerous lifestyle guides and cookbooks including The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime – Comfort Classics, Freezer Food, 16-minute Meals, and other delicious ways to solve dinner and Pioneer Woman’s Cooks: The New Frontier.
RELATED: “The Pioneer Woman”: Ree Drummond’s Scalloped Potato and Ham Recipe is a meal in itself
Ree Drummond’s top-secret chocolate cake recipe featured on Food Network’s “The Pioneer Woman”
At The pioneer woman, Drummond shared his top secret chocolate cake recipe and revealed the reason for its intriguing name. “It’s a top secret chocolate cake and I call it that because I don’t tell anyone I’m using cake mix,” she said. “And it’s so delicious no one will ever know.”
The recipe is so quick and easy that it can be used for last minute gatherings or when you’re craving something sweet and chocolatey. Drummond uses a Bundt cake pan to make it extra special and sprinkles the cake with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
RELATED: Food Network star Aarti Sequeira’s Chai recipe isn’t just easy, it’s authentic
Ree Drummond’s Top Secret Chocolate Cake Is Super Easy To Make
To make Drummond’s Top-Secret Chocolate Cake, you will need the following ingredients:
For the cake:
- Non-stick cooking spray, for the pan
- A 15.2 oz can of dark chocolate cake mix, Drummond uses Duncan Hines
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
For the simple chocolate ganache filling:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Rainbow glitter, for garnish
Then follow these simple steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 10-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, milk, butter, eggs, chocolate chips and vanilla in large bowl until well combined. Pour mixture into Bundt pan and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Once baked, let the cake cool for about 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and let cool for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- For the simple chocolate ganache filling: Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it begins to bubble. Put the chocolate chips in a small bowl and pour the hot cream over them. Let sit for 1 minute, then blend until smooth.
- Place the cooled cake on a support or serving platter and pour the ganache over it. Garnish with rainbow sprinkles and serve.