Rachael Finch impresses with her indulgent ‘guilt-free’ chocolate cake recipe – made with a VERY surprising ingredient
- Rachael Finch, 33, shared her simple ‘guilt-free’ chocolate cake recipe
- Sydney model does it with healthy alternatives like almond flour and dates
- It also adds a surprising ingredient: a dash of apple cider vinegar.
- The recipe video has garnered high praise since it was posted on Instagram
Rachael Finch shared her remarkably simple recipe for a frosted chocolate cake you won’t feel guilty about.
Former Miss Universe Australia, 33, took to Instagram to show fans how to make this tasty dessert with healthy alternatives including almond flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil and a surprising ingredient: a hint of apple cider vinegar.
The model mother-of-two, who shares daughter Violet, seven, and son Dominic, four, with husband Mike Miziner, begins by whipping almond flour, coconut flour, sugar coconut, baking soda, cocoa powder and protein powder from her brand, Kissed Earth.
Scroll down for video
Rachael Finch (photo) shared her remarkably simple recipe for a frosted chocolate cake you ‘won’t feel guilty about’
In another bowl, she whisk the eggs, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar before adding a drop of almond milk.
Rachael then mixes the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture, stirring until smooth before adding boiling water until completely combined.
She pours the batter into a greased cake pan and bakes it for 35-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted – then turns her attention to the frosting of the ganache. .
Former Miss Universe Australia, 33, took to Instagram to show fans how to make the indulgent dessert with healthy alternatives
While the cake is baking, Rachael soaks the dates in boiling water for about 15 minutes, then adds them to a blender with water and mixes until smooth.
She adds cocoa powder and vanilla extract and mixes again before letting the ganache rest in the refrigerator.
Once the cake has cooled, she spreads the frosting on top and serves.
Once the cake has cooled, Rachael carefully spread a generous amount of the delicious frosting on top.
The video, which has been viewed more than 55,000 times since it was shared online last week, has received hundreds of comments.
‘I’m really going to try this !! It’s a delight, ”one person wrote.
” It looks delicious ! Another said, a third added, “I don’t have your Kissed Earth powder but would love to try this recipe.”
How to make Rachael Finch’s “Guilt-Free” Chocolate Cake:
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Kissed Earth Replenish Vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
For the ganache icing
- 1 cup of dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and prepare a 9 inch cake pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder and KE protein powder. Put aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar. Then add the almond milk.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mix and then add the boiling water until the mixture is combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
6. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes before placing it on a wire rack.
7. While the cake is baking, prepare the chocolate frosting. Soak the dates in boiling water for about 15 minutes.
8. Place dates with water and mix until smooth. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract and continue to mix.
9. Reserve the ganache frosting or place it in the refrigerator if it’s hot.
10. Once the cake has cooled, spread the frosting liberally over the cake and serve.
Source: Rachael Finch Instagram