The family celebrates the sacred bond between parents and children as well as a brother and sister, and every weekend, holiday or celebration is a perfect opportunity for you to spoil your loved ones with amazing treats. And what could be better than pleasing your family with mouth-watering cakes? Moreover, when you bake the cake yourself and add some love and care to your loved ones, this cake surely becomes the best cake in the world. So whether you’re running out of ideas on what to get your bae for a birthday or your budget is a bit tight; Put on your chef cap and bake delicious cake for your brother in Raksha Bandhan festival. Here are two easy and tasty cake recipes from Chef Ashita Baijal, founder of Me:ette Atelier and Patisserie for your loved ones.
Who doesn’t love chocolate? Your family will love this rich chocolate mud cake. This makes it a perfect party cake as it is rich in chocolate, soft and the creamiest cake.
Ingredients for the mud cake
- Butter: 660g
- Dark chocolate: 660g
- Coffee: 70
- Water: 480
- Cocoa powder: 150
- Baking soda: 5
- Sugar: 1200
- Egg: 600
- Oil: 300
- Buttermilk: 300
- Baking powder: 25
- The first step is to take all the dry ingredients flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and coffee. Sift each of these dry ingredients individually to avoid lumps.
- Mix all the dry ingredients with a spatula for about 2 minutes. Keep your blending speed on medium to ensure you get a smoother blend.
- Take the sugar, oil, egg and buttermilk in a bowl and mix them together. You need to make sure that all these ingredients emulsify well.
- Melt the butter and take this melting butter and the dark chocolate separately. After that, put these two ingredients together to make a ganache for your cake.
- Now add the butter and chocolate ganache to your paddle attachment. Whisk them on low to medium speed for a few minutes.
- Add your prepared bowl of sugar, egg, oil and buttermilk to the batter above.
- Finally, mix some coffee powder in lukewarm water and add it to the paste.
- Pour this batter into the mold and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 to 40 minutes.
The super easy and amazing mud cake is ready to enjoy now. For more flavor, you can add ice cream or whipped cream on top.
No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
Now, who doesn’t love cheese and Oreo? Imagine putting these two delicious ingredients together and making a cake without even baking it. Doesn’t that sound awesome? No-bake oreo cheesecake requires fewer ingredients and is fairly easy to make. Serve your family this interesting recipe this weekend to get some extra love from them.
Ingredients for No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- 2 sachets of Oreo: vanilla or chocolate according to your preference
- Cream cheese: 100g
- Whipped cream: 250ml
- Vanilla extract: ¼ tablespoon
- Melted butter: 2 tablespoons
- Caster sugar: 3 tablespoons
- Take a packet of Oreos into a large mixing bowl. Start gently crushing the Oreos with the end of a spatula or whatever you have on hand. In these crushed Oreos, add melted butter. Take the time to mix them together until they form a paste.
- Now take a pan and spread this mixture evenly using a spatula. Also, flatten the top of the mixture.
- Put the cooled whipped cream in a bowl. Using a blender, whisk until fluffy. The volume of whipped cream will also increase. Once it’s done, store it in the fridge.
- Take the vanilla extract, powdered sugar and cream cheese in another bowl. Keep mixing them until you get a smooth, lump-free paste.
- Add whipped cream in this mixture and beat all these ingredients together.
- You can add a few more Oreo cookies into the mix at this point. Break them into two parts before adding, then mix well.
- Now put this mixture of cream cheese and whipped cream on top of the Oreo cookie dough. Spread this mixture on the mold and press lightly with a spatula.
- Finally, store this mold in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours, and your “no-bake oreo cheesecake” is ready.
Try these two easy, fuss-free and delicious cake recipes this weekend!
Also read: Tasty Thursdays: Here are Gurugram’s best street food dishes and where to try them