A moist chocolate cake with only FOUR ingredients: Baker wows thousands of people with his simple recipe that you can make in under 10 minutes
- ‘Instagram Famous’ Pastry Chef Eloise Head Shared a Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe
- It uses four basic ingredients: butter, dark chocolate, eggs and sugar
- Ms Head said she had “never made a cake so rich and chocolatey”
- The flourless cake is suitable for celiacs and people sensitive to gluten
A pastry chef has made your mouth water with her remarkably simple chocolate cake that can be made with four basic ingredients in under 10 minutes.
Eloise Head’s latest treat – a London blogger who rose to stardom at the start of the pandemic with her salivating food account, FitWaffle Kitchen – requires unsalted butter, eggs, granulated sugar and a block of dark chocolate. .
Ms Head said she had “never made a cake so rich and chocolatey”, describing it as an “incredibly silky” fusion of mousse and pie.
The cake does not contain flour, which makes it suitable for celiacs and anyone sensitive to gluten.
Scroll down for video
Simple chocolate cake from London baker Eloise Head, made with butter, eggs, sugar and a block of dark chocolate
The photos of the dessert – which have gone viral, racking up nearly 34,000 likes since going live on March 12 – have garnered dozens of delighted responses.
“It sounds amazing, I’m going to do it tonight”, replied one woman, while another tagged her friend and said “we have to try this”.
Others have asked Ms Head to share more desserts suitable for people with dietary needs.
“I would love to see more posts about gluten free and even dairy free or both, please!” A woman wrote.
The photos of the dessert (pictured) have gone viral, racking up nearly 34,000 likes since they were uploaded on March 12
To make the cake, Mrs. Head melts 225 grams of unsalted butter and 500 grams of dark chocolate in the microwave, then lets the mixture cool.
In a separate bowl, she vigorously whips seven large eggs with 100 grams of granulated sugar until they have tripled in size.
After the chocolate mixture has cooled, Mrs. Head adds it on top, a third at a time until the two pastes are combined into one.
She covers the outside of an eight-inch cake pan with foil and places it in a baking sheet before pouring the mixture into it.
The cake pan should be placed in a large baking sheet half-filled with boiling water; this is called a bain marie, the French term for bain-marie, which ensures that the mixture cooks evenly
Mrs. Head half-fills the baking sheet with boiling water to ensure the cake is evenly baked.
Chefs call it a ‘bain marie‘, the French term for’ water bath ‘.
She bakes the cake at 150 degrees Celsius – lower than usual – for 30 to 35 minutes, checking the edges for firmness to make sure it’s ready.
Mrs. Head lets the cake cool in the pan and refrigerates it overnight before serving it with a handful of raspberries and vanilla ice cream.
Four Ingredient Chocolate Cake
225g unsalted butter
500g dark chocolate
7 large eggs (room temperature)
100g of caster sugar
1. Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave and let cool.
2. Add the eggs and sugar to a separate bowl and whisk vigorously until the mixture triples in volume.
3. Toss the pasta together, adding the chocolate to the egg mixture one-third at a time.
4. Cover the outside of an eight-inch cake pan with foil and place in a large baking sheet, half filled with boiling water.
5. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake at 150 degrees Celsius for 30 to 35 minutes. It’s ready when the edges are firm to the touch.
6. Let the cake cool in the pan and refrigerate overnight before serving with raspberries and vanilla ice cream.
Source: FitWaffle Kitchen