50g organic Steenbergs Fairtrade rose sugar
85g of organic Steenbergs Fairtrade cocoa powder
1½ teaspoon Steenbergs yeast
1½ teaspoon Steenbergs baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of Steenbergs Fairtrade organic vanilla paste
250 ml of boiling water
200g fair trade plain chocolate
1/2 teaspoon of Steenbergs organic vanilla paste
½ capful of organic rose water Steenbergs
Steenbergs Fairtrade organic chocolate drops
Fairtrade white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4. Butter and line two 20 cm / 8 inch sandwich molds.
2. For the cake, place all the cake ingredients, except for the boiling water, in a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or electric whisk, beat mixture until smooth and well combined. Add boiling water to mixture, little by little, until smooth.
3. Divide cake batter between sandwich pans and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until top is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Take the cakes out of the oven and let stand 30 minutes, before transferring them to a wire rack for 10 minutes before trying to glaze them.
4. For the chocolate icing, melt the chocolate and 200 ml of cream in a saucepan over low heat. Remove the pot from the heat and stir vigorously until smooth, let cool.
5. With the remaining 200 ml of double cream, add another 1/2 teaspoon of Steenbergs vanilla paste, a pinch of rose petals and a small drizzle of Steenbergs Rose water and whisk until peaks appear. soft.
6. When the cake has cooled, spread the rose whipped cream frosting on top of one chocolate cake, then gently cover with the other cake. Add the chocolate frosting on top and decorate with the rest of the ingredients.
Tip: White chocolate curls can be made by “peeling” the white chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler.