Sinful, decadent and delicious, chocolate cakes need no introduction. They usually include a soft and moist texture inside and a choice of icing on top, ranging from royal icing, frosting, or even buttercream frosting.
Although luxurious to eat, this particular dessert is time consuming and may require you to squeeze a few hours out of your already busy schedule. As such, how does a 5 Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake the sound of the recipe?
Chef Meghna Kamdar took to Instagram to share a decadent chocolate cake recipe, made without eggs. Take a look at his post here:
Note from the chef: “The texture of this microwave cake is a little different from a regularly baked cake in OTG; but in terms of taste, it is simply delicious.
Ingredients for the cake
Plain flour (maida) – 2 cups
Powdered yeast – 2 teaspoons
Instantaneous coffee powder – 1 tsp
Cocoa powder (unsweetened) — ¼ cup
Beaver sugar (you can also use powdered sugar) – ¾ cup
Oil (odorless) — ½ cup
Hot water — 2 cups
Dark chocolate (melted) — 200 g
Fresh cream (at room temperature) — 100 g
Strawberries — 12-15
Blueberries — 8-10
Method for the cake
* Take a bowl and add 2 cups plain flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp instant coffee powder, 1/4 cup cocoa powder. Mix well.
*Take another bowl and add the caster sugar and half a cup of odorless oil. Mix well.
* Now strain and add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient paste. Whisk well to avoid lumps.
* Take a microwave-safe plate or tray and grease it with oil. Place parchment paper on top and cook for 5 minutes in the microwave.
*Let the cake rest for 10 minutes after taking it out of the microwave.
For the chocolate ganache and toppings
*Melt 200 g of dark chocolate and incorporate 100 g of fresh cream with the melted chocolate to make a ganache.
* Unmold the cake on the plate and set aside.
*Pour the ganache into a piping bag and proceed to spread it evenly over the cake in concentric circles.
* Decorate the cake with fresh strawberries, blueberries and a mint leaf.
📣 For more lifestyle news, follow us on Instagram | Twitter | Facebook and don’t miss the latest updates!